Looking for Patten Makers Photography? Just click the name and you will be transported accross!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Day 6 - Vanilla (ice) Cupcakes

An iced vanilla cupcake - not the same as vanilla ice - very different in fact

Vanilla Cupcakes with icing (different to vanilla ice)

Photographers Notes: To be perfectly honest I don't really get vanilla. When I hear vanilla mentioned I immediately expect to hear ice or ice-cream following it. Jess tells me that it's about subtlety, perhaps someone should have told vanilla ice that. In any case I opted for something plain and subtle. Whiteness. I was a bit tired of plates so this time around I inverted a rameken to make a white platform for the cupcake to sit on top of. I bounced the flash off the ceiling to create some nice, even, bright white light. I also opted for a relatively large F number to help ensure everything was in focus. I added the vanilla pod because I wanted something that said vanilla without whispering ice ice baby at the end.


0 comments:

Post a Comment