Looking for Patten Makers Photography? Just click the name and you will be transported accross!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 11 - Chocolate Banana Cupcakes

Banana cupcakes with a chocolate topping

Photographer's notes:
I knew I wanted an even yellow background so I headed for the yellow tiles in our kitchen. To knock out the bench I put the cupcake on top of a white ramekin. I shot reasonably close with my 24-70mm lens at 70mm and an f-stop of 4 - just enough to keep the cupcake in focus while allow the background to blur out. To get the even lighting I cranked the shutter speed to ~150, dropped the iso to 100 and relied on the flash (bounced off the white ceiling) to do it's ttl magic. After a few variations I peeled the cupcake casing down to hide the white ramekin and mimic a banana peel. After a few quick touch ups we ended up with the image above. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment