Looking for Patten Makers Photography? Just click the name and you will be transported accross!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Day 10 - Chocolate Cupcake


Chocolate cupcake

Photographer's notes - I wanted to go for something soft, classical, and old looking to help compliment this basic (compared to the rest of what wifey has been up to) cupcake recipe. This was just a chocolate cupcake, no extras. I settled on ambient light (in this case tungsten house lights providing even lighting through the room) and the piano to match the simple, brown colour palette and also for a bit of a classical feel.

I came up with the above 2 candidates. While they were taken with a slow shutter at an iso of 100 (so very clean noise wise) when I got them into lightroom I decided to add some grain to help enhance that old, classical feeling. This is the first image that I have wanted to add grain to and I feel that it really helps sell the story of the image in this case.

0 comments:

Post a Comment